Search This Blog

Saturday 12 March 2011

4th Carnegie LIASA Leadership Academy 12 March 2011

The Villas Hotel and Conference Centre

We all arrived at the Villas hotel and conference centre on a Friday the 11th of April.  We registered, got our conference bags and we were welcomed by Ujala Satgoor.  We went for dinner and came back for individual Introductions by the Academy attendees.
        My  expectations of the course
I am hoping that the course will transform me to be a better person.  I hope I will understand clearly what leadership is and be able to lead.
        A reflection on what you intend doing with your new knowledge
I intend taking back with me tips that will improve my institution as a whole.  I will identity information that would be suitable for the various sections within my library and share ideas with personnel concerned.
All in all I hope I will be able to make a difference when I get back to my library.
        At least five issues you intend addressing / doing differently in your own library, based on the programme
        Provide equitable service
        Be strategic, innovative and assertive
        Ethical organizational culture
        Positive branding of library to be efficient and professional
        To be a leader that will create more leaders within my library


On the second day of the Academy which was a Saturday when nobody expected to be learning as much as,  we learnt about Web 2.0 Technologies.  We learnt how to create blogs and wikis.  It was very informative and interesting.  This is a must for all information practitioners!  These are the tools that would take us through the journey for the Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment